Friday, March 9, 2018

Starting From Scratch - Kate Lloyd



This is the first book I have read by Kate Lloyd.  It was a nice sweet tale of the life of an "old maid" by Amish standards.  Eva Lapp finds herself thrust in a new situation and has resolved to herself that this is her new life.  False rumors spread through the Amish community and somewhat tarnished her reputation.  She moves to a small cottage to perform a job she wants - or so she thought.

For an Old Maid she has 3 potential male suitors - only 1 of them is a member of the Amish church.  There may be 4 potential suitors.  The last - and oldest - one's intentions are really clear. 

She makes her way in her new job.  She befriends a somewhat prickly older woman.  She finds herself stuck in the middle of some difficult situations.  She has some hard decisions to make.

My thoughts:  I don't find a lot about this story believable....but what do I know?!  This book was a sweet tale.  I don't really agree with her final choice in a man.

I received this book as a reviewer with no obligation to post a review.


No comments:

Post a Comment