Thursday, June 1, 2017

With you Always - Jody Hedlund


With you Always (Orphan Train) -  Jody Hedlund


            Jody Hedlund is one of my all time favorite authors.  I loved this book, but I don’t know if I would have categorized it as an “orphan train” book.  I would definitely say the characters are struggling orphans.  It was a very good book!
            This is the story of Elise Neumann, the oldest of 3 sisters who were orphaned.  Elise has to leave her sisters after a crisis in New York causes her to go west for work.  While she is away she convinces the founder of a new town – that is a competition between twin brothers – to really experience what he is asking the working class to do.  Thornton Quincy, the twin who starts her town, is greatly humbled, and has his eyes opened to the plight of the working class.
            The competition has a stiff prize – the inheritance of his wealthy father’s money.  Thornton’s brother is willing to do what it takes to win, will Thornton?
            I really enjoyed this book.


            I was given this book in exchange for the possibility of writing a review.

No comments:

Post a Comment