Saturday, June 27, 2015

How to Love Your Neighbor WIthout Being Weird



How to Love Your Neighbor Without Being Weird – Amy Lively


To be honest I think some neighbors would be easier to love than others.  You know, the neighbors that keep their grass cut.  The neighbors who don’t make lots of loud noise after dark.   However, we are supposed to love our neighbors – tall grass and all!

This is what I like about How to Love Your Neighbor Without Being Weird.

1.     It isn’t always easy.
2.     Don’t make it too hard.  Invite people.  Get them involved.
3.     Open your house.
4.     Get to know people – put yourself out there!  (This is especially hard for me!)
5.     Find your spiritual gift and use it!
6.     “Good thing it’s not about a life of perfection that prepares you for ministry, but an abundance of God’s grace.”



I live in an older neighborhood.  Well…it’s as old as I am!  We have had some families move in over the last several months.  Have I gone to welcome them?  My answer is…..no!  This book convicted me.  I lack self-confidence.  I am afraid of rejection.  I am a chicken.  I am hoping I can put myself out there and meet these new neighbors…and maybe get to know the old ones!  Seriously, I could do a pizza potluck…..maybe…..

No comments:

Post a Comment