Not by Sight – Kate Breslin
My summer has been crazy busy! This book has been tempting me – crying out to be read! Knowing I had a 4-hour plane ride, Not by Sight was the first book stuffed into my travel bag! I was NOT disappointed!
I loved this story of Grace Mabry and how she lives her life out loud. She puts herself wholly into situations. Truthfully, she doesn’t necessarily think all the details through before inserting herself in various situations. However, her heart is good!
Jack Benningham isn’t quite who he appears to be. Seriously, for much of the book he doesn’t make an appearance too many.
What I loved about this book:
- I love books where the history is researched. I actually teach history, so it gives me an excuse to read more! I don’t care if it is embellished, but I like learning!
- I like how there are several different ‘love’ stories going on in the book.
- I love how Grace looks past what could seem overwhelming – or scary – and sees the person.
- People aren’t always who they appear to be. We are all flawed in some way because we are human. I love how the story shows some people, who have a questionable past, let the past stay in the past and not control the future.
- In today’s world people are so afraid of being real. Several of Grace’s workmates put their past out in the open. I like people who are real! I actually believe there is safety in being real!
Buy this book! You will love it!