Monday, September 21, 2015

This Mistress of Tall Acre - Laura Frantz

The Mistress of Tall Acre – Laura Frantz

            WOW!  WOW!  WOW!  LOVED this book!  I read all the time!  I love to read!  I have been hooked on Laura Frantz’s books for years!  The Frontiersman’s Daughter was the beginning of long relationship with her books!
            The Mistress of Tall Acre is set in the Post-Revolutionary War time period.  Sophie, though destitute, has survived the war in her beloved Three Chimneys, a plantation not far from Tall Acres.  Her father was a Tory, who left his family for Ireland.  Seamus, a widowed war hero, has returned home after the war with his daughter, Lily Kate.
            Lily Kate and Sophie form a true friendship, which is a wonderful thing given Seamus’ bitterness and poor parenting skills.
            I won’t reveal much more because I don’t want to ruin it for you. 
            If I had to pick something to complain about it would be that the cover art didn’t match the description in the book of Tall Acres.
            This I loved about this book:
-       I love that it is written in first-person.  I love knowing the character’s thoughts.
-       OH MY WORD!  What a shocker!  I read all the time, but I am rarely surprised with a turn of events in a book, I was surprised!


I would rank this book as one of my favorites – EVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment